FVCCON22 Young Professionals Network Mini Conference
21 July 2022, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm AEDT – Virtual
Future of Work
9:00 am – 10:30 am AEDT – Virtual
Globalization, and technological breakthroughs along with demographic changes, resource scarcity and climate change, are reshaping industries. These trends are not only impacting how we live but the way we work. They pose significant challenges to people, enterprises and industries in adapting sustainably.
Addressing existing and emerging skills needs and increasing the capacity of the pulp and paper industry to respond to these megatrends will be crucial to keeping abreast of these global challenges.
The session explores where the world of work is heading and what we can prepare.
- The trends and drivers that will shape the future of work
- How can young professionals prepare for the future of work?
- How can organisations prepare for the future of work?
- How organisations can support young professionals to succeed?
- What are the key technical skills / soft skills needed in the future?
Women in Industry
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AEDT – Virtual
When looking to attract more women workers and leaders into the traditionally male-dominated manufacturing industry, the focus is often on what a woman requires to succeed at an individual level. This “Women in Industry’ forum, flips the focus to consider key strategies businesses can deploy to recruit, retain, and create more opportunities for women in manufacturing.
The keynote speakers and panel members will share lessons learned from their career journeys. This is a unique opportunity to join the discussion on what organizations and leaders can do to support and advance women in the workplace.
- How can we attract more women to the sector?
- How do we support the professional development of women in pulp and paper, and does it differ from professional development in other industries?
- How can we mentor and create the next generation of women leaders?