Appita is the leading not-for-profit industry association that supports the advancement of the pulp, paper packaging and bioproducts industries.
We have a broad-based membership with over 120 corporate members and over 1300 professional members and student members in Australia, New Zealand and other countries. Appita membership is diverse and currently includes CEOs, mill managers, mill technical personnel, operators, process engineers, consultants, researchers and suppliers.
Formed in 1946, Appita has continued to support and represent the pulp and paper industry in Australia and New Zealand.
- To advance and promote innovation and manufacturing best practice across the pulp, paper and packaging value chain, including new biomass-derived products.
- To lead the development and transfer of technical information and best practices fundamental to the industry.
- To develop and support programs to encourage the growth of a diverse, well-prepared pool of industry professionals.
- To build strong relationships with industry stakeholders across the supply chain.
- To facilitate the interchange of information across the industry supply chain through effective networking.
Trust • Integrity • Collaboration • Knowledge• Service
Trust – be a trusted industry partner that supports the best interests of the industry
Integrity – respect and maintain the trust and confidence of our colleagues, members, and industry stakeholders
Collaboration – build strong relationships with key industry stakeholders to expand the association’s ability to serve a changing industry
Knowledge – build knowledge through training, networking and collaboration
Service – to understand and respond to the needs of the industry