Current Job opportunities.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- A technical sales and marketing role with a difference
- Global and domestic commodity trading
- Based in the Southern Ruapehu region
The opportunity (Karioi Pulpmill and Tangiwai Sawmill, Central North Island, New Zealand)
Winstone Pulp International (WPI) Limited has two operational sites; the Karioi Pulpmill manufactures mechanical market pulp products for the Asia Pacific market, the Tangiwai Sawmill produces sawn timber for domestic and export markets - all from renewable plantation pine.
WPI offers a diverse work environment, operating in a dynamic market. Located on the doorstep of the world heritage Tongariro National Park and ski areas we offer a wonderful balance of work and lifestyle.
Due to an internal promotion, we are now recruiting for the rarely available role of Sales and Marketing Manager. This role will report to the General Manager – Sales Marketing, Distribution and Strategy.
About the role
- Deliver on the sales and technical goals of the business (pulp and timber).
- Manage a NZ based team of four (sales and export documentation) and the international agent liaison.
- Strategic focus around global markets and business development.
- The ability to build and maintain strong customer partnerships domestically and globally will be critical to success in this role.
- Significant domestic and international travel.
- Proven experience and expertise in sales practices, including prospecting, relationship and opportunity development, negotiation and closing deals.
- Solid technical aptitude, preferably within the broader pulp and timber industries.
- A proven track record in delivering commercial outcomes.
- Has a thorough understanding of export logistics (including export and shipping documentation).
- A strong results orientation and continuous improvement mind-set.
- Well-developed leadership skills, high energy levels, engaged and motivated.
- An articulate communicator (verbal and written), able to influence and engage with a diverse range of clients.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- A relevant tertiary qualification in commerce/ science/ applied mathematics is essential.
- Holds and maintains a full Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s license.
- Flexible approach and ability to undertake international travel as and when required.
- The ability to speak multiple languages would be advantageous.
WPI is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. As part of the selection process applicants will be required to pass an independently conducted pre-employment health and medical assessment which includes drug testing.
Please note applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand on a permanent basis at the time of submitting their application.
Applications close at 12noon, Monday, 30 August 2021.
Download flyer here