Dr. Warren Batchelor is an Associate Professor, Bioresource Processing Research Institute of Australia (BioPRIA), Department of Chemical Engineering at Monash University.
Dr. Warren Batchelor is an Associate Professor and Deputy Director of the Bioresource Processing Research Institute of Australia (BioPRIA), part of the Department of Chemical Engineering at Monash University. His major research interests are in cellulose nanofibers (CNFs) with contributions including:
- CNF characterisation methods including serving on the TC6 and TC229 committees developing standards for CNFs.
- Paper mill biorefinery and CNF production.
- Methods for the rapid preparation of cellulose nanofibre sheets by spray coating and vacuum filtration.
- Development of renewable, recyclable, cellulose nanofibre barrier layers to displace petroleum-derived polymers in packaging.
- Nanoparticle-cellulose nanofibre composites for barrier applications, ultrafiltration membranes, antimicrobial functional layers and photocatalytic degradation of organic contaminants.
He is a Fellow of Appita and he has been awarded the Ken Maddern award for outstanding paper published in the Appita Journal in 2013 and the Outstanding paper award for papers published by Tappi Journal in 2008.